When discussing popular table games, one must never forget to mention roulette. Since the game’s inception, it has grown to become a staple offering in land-based casinos around the world, making it one of the most popular casino games of all time. With the game’s easy-to-learn nature and large number of betting options, it is no wonder that the game has grown to become as loved as it is today.
Australians seeking to play roulette online should know that the game is just as popular in online casinos as it is in land-based casinos. A number of online casinos offer players roulette options, meaning that there may be some research required to find the game best suited to your needs. It is for this reason that our team at Casino-Aus have tried to make the search for the best online roulette game somewhat simpler by providing Australians with a list of the top-rated online roulette casinos.
Best Online Roulette Sites in Australia
How To Play Roulette Online
Accessing the best Australian online roulette games is very easy. All you need to do is open up your browser (either on desktop or mobile), search for your preferred online casino brand, open their webpage and you are ready to go. After this, all that is required from you is to ensure that you maintain a stable internet connection to have the best possible online casino gaming experience.
Types of Online Roulette
As previously mentioned, online roulette is a casino game that is popular around the world, meaning that several different variations associated with different parts of the world have been created. Whereas many land-based casinos may only offer players the chance to play one variation, most online casinos tend to offer players the opportunity to play all popularly known variations.
The popular variations of roulette are all very similar. These variations include:
French Roulette Online
Roulette was originally created in France, with the first game having been played in the 18th century. Since the game’s inception, French roulette has seen the game develop a few differences to the European and American versions of the game.
Although very similar to European roulette, French roulette differs in its table layout, meaning that a number of possible bets not seen in the other versions of roulette are now available to the player. The ‘en prison’ and ‘la partage’ rules are also used in this version of the game.
European Roulette Online
Arguably, the most traditional form of roulette, European roulette uses a similar roulette wheel to that seen in the French variation of the game, but one that is slightly different to the American version of the game.
The roulette wheel used in the European variation of the game only uses a single 0 pocket, thereby offering players better odds than seen when playing American roulette.
American Roulette Online
As previously mentioned, the American roulette wheel differs slightly to that seen with the European variation of the game. Instead of a single 0 pocket, American roulette wheels have two such pockets – the second being labelled 00.
The addition of a second pocket increases the house edge of the casino.
Play Live Roulette Online
For many players, a big part of the roulette gaming experience is interacting with the dealer and other players. While some may think that online casino roulette is unable to simulate such experiences, this is simply untrue.
Many of the best Australian online roulette casinos do offer players the chance to play roulette with a live dealer (and real players) instead of playing a computer version of the game. In this way, players are able to feel all the emotions created by interacting with a real-life dealer or opponents from the comfort of their own home.
Play Free Online Roulette
Some Australians would like to play roulette online but seek to find the best free online roulette game as opposed to playing for real money.
There is good news for such players as it is possible for Australians to play roulette online free of any charge. Most online roulette real money casinos do provide players with the option of playing games for free before making any real bets.
Is Online Roulette Fixed?
The best online roulette games make use of a random number generator (similar to that seen in video poker machines), which means that the game cannot be rigged – provided that you choose to play roulette online at a trustworthy online casino.
Trustworthy online casinos are those who have been accredited by a certified online gambling body. These casinos are safe to use and will provide the player with the best possible online experience, so you should not need to worry about the game being fixed.
However, if you do choose to gamble at unaccredited online roulette casinos, there is no way of guaranteeing that the game is not fixed. Therefore, it is imperative that you determine that the casino you would like to play online roulette at for real money is in fact legitimate. In doing so, you will not only prevent you from playing rigged games, but also from your personal information potentially being stolen.
On a similar note, some players will claim that there are certain methods which can be used to make sure that you win roulette games in both online and land-based casinos. With specific reference to the online casino space, it is important to note that it is not possible for players to cheat the online roulette system, so do not believe in any claims suggesting that it is possible.
Online Roulette Tips for Australians
It is important to note that no guide can teach Australians how to win online casino roulette as roulette is truly a game based on chance. So, while there are no strategic tips players can use while playing the game, there are a few more general gambling tips that can be kept in mind while playing the game. Some such tips include:
- Play free roulette games first – play a free online roulette game before playing games for real money. This will allow you to learn the rules of the game as well as see how the online version of the game may differ from the land-based version. Many of the best online roulette casinos offer players the chance to play their titles for free first before playing for real money.
- Set a budget – it is always important to gamble responsibly. This means determining your bankroll limit before you begin an online roulette real money session. This will prevent you from losing unexpectedly large amounts of money. Also, if you have lost all of your budgeted funds, do not try to win it back by spending more money as this could equate to even more money being lost.
- Research online casino roulette variations – it is important to know the differences between the different types of roulette as the game you choose to play may affect some factors in your gaming experience. For example, playing European roulette provides players with better odds.
- Look out for bonuses – Players should pay attention to casinos that may offer players any online roulette bonus, in addition to the welcome bonus the player may receive when registering for the casino’s services. Players who make good use of their bonuses extend their play time.
- Avoid making high-risk bets – Australians who play roulette online for real money should never make high-risk bets without abandon. While a high-risk bet may provide a player with the opportunity of winning large amounts of money, they equalling provide players with the opportunity of losing large sums of money.
While these tips will not ensure that you win any games, it is the best online roulette strategy to prevent you from losing money and thus definitely something to keep in mind for your next session.
- Croupier – the term used to refer to a dealer in a roulette game. As there are no cards to ‘deal’, a different term was used to refer to the person managing a roulette game.
- Corner Bet – refers to a bet placed on four numbers. It offers players an 8:1 payout.
- Even Money – refers to a bet which provides players with an even chance of winning or losing (essentially, a 1:1 bet.)
- Split Bet – a bet placed on two numbers on the roulette wheel. The player’s odds are 17:1 when playing a split bet.
- Straight Bet – a bet placed on a single number on the roulette wheel, making the odds of winning 37:1.
- Accumulator – a bet which combines multiple wagers to create one single bet. To win an accumulator bet, the player needs to win each wager.
- Inside Bet – refers to bets made in roulette which increase the odds, meaning that players are able to win larger payouts. A straight bet, corner bet and split bet are all examples of an inside bet.