One of the most popular casino card games of all time is blackjack. This fact is not all that surprising when one takes into account the game’s easy-to-understand nature and low house-edge. In a game of blackjack, the player aims to get their card hand as close as possible to a score of 21 without going over it.
With the game being as easy as it is, it makes sense that online blackjack is a very popular choice for Australians making use of online casinos. Countless online casinos offer players the opportunity to play blackjack online – so many that some potential players may be struggling to pick a casino to use.
At Casino-Aus, we know how great a good game of blackjack is, which is why we have tasked ourselves with attempting to help Australians find the best online casinos to play the famous card game.
Australia’s Best Online Blackjack Casinos
How to Play Blackjack Online
Before you decide to play online blackjack, it is always important to make sure that the casino you are using is, in fact, a legitimate organisation. Many Australians have wondered whether playing casino games online is a safe activity, and it is a safe provided that you play at the “right” casinos.
Playing at the “right” online casinos means playing at those casinos that are both licensed and regulated by accredited online gambling organisations. If you decide to play online blackjack for real money at a casino that does not have these accreditations, then you may open yourself up to playing rigged games, which you will never be able to win or even having your personal information stolen.
Aside from security, it is also important to pay attention to whether a particular casino offers any bonuses. While this would generally mean studying up on the different welcome bonuses offered by each online casino. Some casinos online also offer other game-related bonuses. So, be sure to look out for casinos that offer an online blackjack bonus aimed specifically at the game’s players.
When you’ve made sure that you are playing the casino that best fits your needs, playing real money online blackjack is simple. All you need to do to play the best online blackjack titles is make sure that you have a stable internet connection. Once you’ve established this, just open up your preferred casino’s webpage on your internet browser.
Online Blackjack Australia Tips and Tricks
Before starting up any real online blackjack game, it is important to note that sometimes the online experience differs slightly to that of a land-based casino.
There are no foolproof guides that can teach Australians how to win online blackjack games. There are, however, a few tips and tricks online players can learn that will make the online gaming experience just seem all the more entertaining. The following are some such tips:
- The most common online blackjack strategy followed by many experienced players involves knowing exactly when to hit and when to stand. Many believe that if you have a hand totalling to between 12 and 16 (called a stiff hand), you should hit. However, if you have a total of 17 or more (called a pat hand), you should stay.
- While it may seem like the best thing to do when you are on winning, going all in on any bet is not something that is recommended when playing online blackjack (or any other casino game for that matter.) Players losing on a bet in which they have gone all in on means losing their entire bankroll and the end of their gaming session (if the player gambles responsibly.) It is for this reason that Casino-Aus recommends that Australians who play online blackjack for money do not go all in on a bet.
- If an online blackjack casino does offer titles that allow you the option of surrendering, you should contemplate the course of action if you are dealt with a questionable hand and the dealer a seemingly good hand. The surrendering allows players who forfeit their hand to save half their bet. It is important to note that this surrendering is not an option in every version of blackjack.
Types of Online Blackjack Variations
As blackjack is a popular casino game throughout the world, many variations of the game exist. Luckily, for Australian online blackjack real money players, a number of these variations are available to play online. Some popular options include:
- Classic Online Blackjack – the most commonly played version of blackjack. The reason many players prefer this variation is that it often offers high table limits.
- Double Exposure Online Blackjack – in this variation of blackjack both a player’s and dealer’s cards are exposed. It is suggested that this levels the playing field a bit more as both players are aware of the contents their opponent’s hand.
- Atlantic City Online Blackjack – a blackjack variation in which eight decks are used, and players are able to play multiple hands at once.
- Bonus Online Blackjack – a popular online blackjack variation is played with two decks of cards and allows players to place bonus bets on different variations. Despite not providing a surrender option, many believe that this variation of online blackjack provides players with the bigger chance of earning higher payouts.
Play Live Blackjack Online
For many table game fans, the casino experience is made by the interaction that takes place between players when sitting down at a table in a land-based casino. When players are able to interact with a real-life opponent, a new, unpredictable dynamic is introduced in the game, creating an intense rush of emotions.
Many fear that there is no way for Australian online blackjack sites to capture these feelings as players are limited to playing games against a computer. This, however, is largely untrue.
Many of the best online blackjack casinos offer players the option to play with a live dealer. So, if you desire the thrill of interaction in your web-based casino gaming experience, make sure that you register at a casino that does allow you to play live blackjack online.
Mobile Online Blackjack
Playing casino games on your mobile is increasingly becoming the way of the world. Thus, it is no surprise that some Australians seek to know if any mobile online blackjack casinos are able to fulfil this desire.
Quite simply, it is possible to play an online blackjack game on-the-go. Many of the biggest online casinos are also compatible with mobile, allowing their players to access their favourite casino games wherever they are, and whenever they want.
Can I Play Free Online Blackjack?
Some Australians wish to play their favourite casino games, but not wish to spend any money while doing so. For such players, it may be useful to know that is possible to play blackjack online free of charges.
Many online casinos offer their players the opportunity to play free online blackjack games without spending any money, which is a benefit for both players who seek to play for free as well as those who seek to play for real money.
As previously stated, the online casino experience may differ from that which many Australians may become accustomed to. It is for this reason that Casino-Aus recommends that all players first try and play blackjack online for fun before spending any real money.
If you are new to Australian online blackjack scene, here are a few terms which may help you understand how to play the game quicker:
- Hit – the action of requesting another card from the dealer.
- Stand – the decision to stay with a current hand of cards without receiving any extra cards.
- Surrender – refers to a player’s decision to forfeit their hand in exchange for retaining half of their wagered amount. This option is only provided in some blackjack variations.
- Face Cards – refers to cards with an image on them, for example, a King.
- Doubling Down – an action in which a player decides to double their wager while requesting another card from the dealer.
- Natural Blackjack – a term used to refer to a hand of cards which is equal to 21 with only two cards.
- Bankroll – the amount of money a player has set aside for their gaming session.