The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) is known for being home to both Australia’s capital city (Canberra) and the nation’s seat of government. Many Aussies who live in the area enjoy engaging in one of the nation’s most popular pastimes: gambling. Luckily, for those living in the ACT, there are quality land-based; plus, online casino options available to them; that offer amazing gambling experiences.
If you have a few questions about online gambling at ACT casinos, you have come to the right place. On this page, you will find out all you need to know to begin your gaming journey in the online casino realm. This includes recommendations of casino sites to use, a brief discussion regarding the legislation governing online gambling, as well as a few facts about land-based casinos in the area.
Best-Ranked ACT Online Casinos
Below are currently the best available ACT online casino sites. You are sure to have a great experience when playing at any one of these casinos.
Australian Capital Territory Gambling Legislation
With regards to the regulation of gambling in ACT, it is important to note that the activity is governed by the ACT Gambling and Racing Commission. This independent body ensures that Gambling and Racing Control Act is adhered to in ACT.
All online casino players in the ACT can rest assured that online gambling in Australia is legal, provided that they play at a site that is not based within the country. For the latest updates on Australian Capital Territory laws related to gambling, remember to keep checkout our blog page.
ACT Casino Site Review System
Every casino site we recommend to our ACT players is put through a rigorous testing process to determine whether it is actually safe to use. The following are some of the areas we focus on when reviewing Australian Capital territory casino online sites:
- Safety is a primary concern for any Aussie player making use of an online casino site. Quite simply, players don’t want to lose money by playing at scam sites. It is, for this reason, Australian should always make sure that they play at sites that are verified and regulated by the proper authorities. AU Capital Territory gamers will never have to be concerned about the safety of using any of our affiliate online casino sites.
- Aussies want to play at sites that offer a wide selection of great games to choose from, including all the classics, such as pokies, roulette and blackjack, among others. The sites we choose to review often have stellar libraries with a large number of different games available to play. Online casino gaming in ACT will never become boring if Aussies choose to make use of any one of our online casino sites.
- Bonuses make your bankroll and play sessions last longer. It is thus in a player’s own interest to make use of sites that offer good bonuses. On Casino-Aus, we’ll only ever recommend sites with amazing bonus schemes to players in ACT.
For a full explanation of Casino-Aus’ review system, please click here.
Land-Based Australian Capital Territory Casinos
There is one major land-based casino in the Australian Capital Territory: Casino Canberra. This ACT live casino has a good selection of the most popular table games. This includes poker, Pai Gow, baccarat, blackjack, roulette and Pontoon.
Other than Casino Canberra, Australian Capital Territory players can also visit Thoroughbred Park, which hosts a number of horseracing events.
It is recommended that ACT residents visit any one of Australia’s best online casinos if these two land-based options do not entirely fulfil your desires.
Facts About ACT
Here are a few interesting facts about the Australian Capital Territory:
- The area was converted into a federal district in 1911 after New South Wales ceded the land to the Commonwealth.
- Despite over 400 000 people living in the small area, only 30% of the land in the ACT is inhabited. One of the reasons for this is the number of nature reserves in the area. Some of these reserves include the Black Mountain Nature Reserve and the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.
- The Australian Capital Territory residents have a good number of historical and heritage sites they can visit. Some of these include the Australian War Memorial, the National Arboretum, the National Museum of Australia and Parliament House.